Pages

Friday, August 10, 2018

Thriving and not surviving


Thriving

By Gregory Davis · Aug 10, 2018

When asked by the Admin if I would conduct a staff rally, I jumped at the task immediately. And then I said to myself,  'Now what do I do?' I have been in the district fro 40 years and have had the good fortune of working the Douglass campus for 36 of those 40.  What has helped my longevity is taking ownership of my talent area. And deciding who is my real boss. Colossians 3:23-24 "Whatever work you do, work heartily as for the Lord and not for men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the inheritance as your reward. You are serving the Lord Christ." My pastor challenged the congregation one Sunday, "If the place where you work is not better because of your being there, you might want to consider leaving or changing your your reason for being there."


I listen to various types of music and this band called Casting Crowns sings a song callled 'Thrive'.  In the chorus line you hear,"...shine like the sun make darkness run and hide, we know that we were made for so much more than ordinary lives, its time for us to do more than just survive, we were made to thrive."

It was a fantastic time to start the year will this goal in mind, "We are thrivers, not just survivers". So Douglass Dragons thriving is the mindset we will hold to until...!

Have a great year!
Dragoncoach1

No comments: