Pages

Monday, March 2, 2015

End Game?

End Game

I had finished watching the movie starring Cuba Gooding, "Life of a King", a very uplifting and moving film centered around the game of chess. The over all theme was, “What is your endgame?” If you ever get a chance to see this movie don't pass it up (you will need at least 3 tissues). 
While going through some of my Face Book posts and replies, I read a statement from one of the many outstanding students in my past. I tweeted out to the community about a course I was taking to benefit the students within my sphere of influence at present and this one reply eluded to him not reaping the benefits of my present day endeavors. I responded back saying
..."As I was reading your reply to my tweet from this morning. I could not help but feel your frustration to your question, 'What would have been if...?' "

One of the many things I am learning about life is that in relationship to others I need to keep the endgame in mind at all times, the past needs to stay in the past. That means some steps are on firm solid ground while other steps are treacherous, for every yes that I say means, I must say no somewhere else,  all this while keeping the end game in mind. Our lives are summed up by that little dash/line between our date of arrival and our date of departure from this world. What story will it tell?

King Solomon (wisest/richest man that has ever lived or will ever live) upon his death left a nation bankrupted because he lost the focus and the purpose of his life. But he was wise enough to realize this fact at the end of his life, "The end of the matter; all has been heard. Fear God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole duty of man. For God will bring every deed into judgement, with every secret thing, whether good or evil (Ecclesiastes 12: 13-14).
So what is your endgame?

So what is my endgame?  "He learned how to serve others before serving himself."

Until the next time, 
Dragoncoach1

No comments: