Pages

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Mortality Realized

At what point in our lives do we come to the sobering realization that we are mortal? For some people that may occur surviving a near death occurrence. It may occur when a close friend dies. It may occur when your 1st born has a 19th birthday as my son did yesterday and you can not remember your 19th. You know it happen because 54 is here and 55 is knocking on the door. I remember when he was born and all the events that surrounded his arrival, but that was not 19 years ago...was it? Then I looked up and saw the 2nd child and remembered the circumstances surrounding her arrival and now she approaches 18. So, When did I start losing track of time? Should the Lord delay His coming for another 20 years I will have to deal with body break down (another sobering point). Oh well, serious time is over. What do you think? Let me know. In the mean time I am going to go outside and play!!

No comments: